Volunteers make a huge difference to the work we do at Teckels. There are many ways in which you can help and support, not all of which require you to be on site or make a regular commitment (though this would be our preference for those wishing to volunteer on site with animals or on reception). We stay in touch with all of our volunteers via a regular newsletter, social gatherings and a private social media group.
We are grateful for all the hours that our volunteers kindly donate and aim to make best use of them, so please be prepared to receive guidance from us as to what would be the most helpful way to support us on any given day.
All volunteers will need to attend an induction session before volunteering for us. This will cover a range of areas, including:
• Introduction to Teckels, the work we do and how the charity operates
• Details about the site and how it operates on a daily basis, with a tour of the premises
• An essential health and safety briefing for anyone who will be on site
• Information regarding our methods of fundraising, along with key dates for upcoming events and appeals
These sessions are arranged as sufficient numbers of new volunteers come on board and are subject to a minimum number of volunteers being available.
There are a range of ways in which you can support us through volunteering your time. Opportunities will vary depending on what volunteers we already have in place, but could include:
• Cat cuddling and enrichment / pen cleaning
• Gardening and general site maintenance
• Reception and admin help (particularly at weekends)
• Events volunteers (helping on the day of key events or helping in advance to arrange events)
• Fund raising volunteers – arranging events on our behalf to raise funds
• Supermarket collections (collecting donated food or collection tins in store)
• Cash collections (shaking a bucket outside your local store or at events)
• Fostering – we will be launching a formal dog fostering scheme in 2020. Please see the fostering page for details
Current volunteering vacancies:
• Early morning cleaners (weekly shift from 7:30am)
• Ad hoc or regular events volunteers
Volunteers must be 18 years or over, unless accompanied by a responsible adult. Both parties must complete the induction process together.
For details of group volunteering / corporate days please contact email@example.com
We love to receive applications for work experience and D of E. We are currently closed to applications until summer 2020, but look forward to updating this page as soon as we have capacity for further applications.
Please contact Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sign up for our regular free newsletter